ChocoMe Dark Chocolate with Fruit & Nuts


I was sent this chocolate from ChocoMe a few months ago and have been meaning to review it for ages; my apologies to ChocoMe for taking so long. They were very generous and sent me this massive slab which was beautifully presented - it put a massive smile on my face when I received it!


The bar was was so crammed full of fruit and nuts that some were dropping off. The chocolate was a dark 65% cocoa solids, containing honey-roasted peanuts, pistachios from Bronte, freeze-dried strawberries and freeze-dried blackcurrants.


Taste-wise the chocolate was very rich and good quality, whilst the dried strawberries were tart, zingy and crunchy. The peanuts were sweet and brought a lovely nutty crunch to the bar. Whilst I enjoyed the textures of the fruit and nuts, I felt the chocolate was a little too bitter for my tastes. Maybe I'm just not much of a chocolate connoisseur but it tasted a little harsh with the ingredients, and I would have preferred white or milk chocolate. Still, I'm not complaining because this was still a great quality bar of chocolate and a much more interesting experience than most bars I've reviewed; I don't think I've ever eaten chocolate so crammed with fresh-tasting ingredients before!


With ChocoMe you can choose your own ingredients to come up with your own customized bar, which I think is a really great idea - it would make a lovely gift for a loved one. If I were to choose one myself I would go for something milder like their milk or white chocolate. Judging by The Review Addict's review of one of their white chocolate bars it's an absolute winner!

Overall I think ChocoMe is a fantastic concept, great quality and I would definitely buy their stuff for a special occasion. Their dark chocolate isn't quite for me, but I would love to give their milk or white chocolate a try.

ChocoMe's website: http://www.chocome.co.uk/index_.php
Follow ChocoMe on Twitter: https://twitter.com/chocoMeUK
Like ChocoMe on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/chocoMe.co.uk

*ChocoMe kindly sent me this bar for an honest review and all opinions expressed are my own. 

Comments

  1. Thank you very much for your review! :) Maybe you can try our other white and milk chocolates soon!
    Have a nice day!
    chocoMe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy bojangles does that look good. Although, I have a feeling I would have similar thoughts to you in that Dark Chocolate usually isn't up my street.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taste-wise the chocolate was very rich and good quality, whilst the dried strawberries were tart, zingy and crunchy. calories in dove dark chocolate square

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks colorful and yummy. Contains fruits and nuts so, this is healthy choice for me. I also love dark chocolate turtles. Try this one

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review