Corné Port-Royal White Chocolate


Whilst scouring the shelves at Tk Maxx for imported chocolates recently I came across this Corné Port-Royale White in the reduced section, for £1. At that price I could hardly refuse.

I've never heard of Corné Port-Royale before, but according to google they are a Belgian chocolatier with quite a history, and have 20 boutiques in Belgium as well as 15 in France.


Despite their impressive sounding history, this chocolate was very disappointing, and I can understand why it was reduced in price. The best way I can describe it is pointless. It does nothing. It's neither a cheap and cheerful milky white chocolate like Milkybar, nor is it a smooth vanilla flavoured chocolate like Lindt Touch of Vanilla. It just tasted sugary and sickly without any emphasis on milk, vanilla or even cocoa butter. I threw most of it in the bin, which is something I rarely do.

Overall, this is one to avoid. I haven't tried any other Corné Port-Royale chocolates before so I'll reserve judgement on their brand as a whole, and I'd certainly be willing to try some of their other chocolates, but this bar left a sour taste in my mouth, quite literally!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the warning, it sounds dreadful! I wouldn't have thought it's that hard to make a decent white chocolate. At least add some vanilla!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review