Montezuma's Dark Chocolate with Rose & Vanilla Bar

Montezuma's Dark Chocolate with Rose & Vanilla Bar

Following on from my review of the Montezuma's Chai Latte Milk Chocolate, today's bar from their Festival Range is one that's suitable for vegans and is dairy free, it's Dark Chocolate with added Rose Oil and Vanilla flavouring. Having tried rose flavoured chocolates before I went into tasting this with great hesitation...would it be nice or awful?!

The Festival Range of bars from Montezuma's have been launched to celebrate their 18th birthday, because they're going to their first festival now they're 18. The colourfully packaged bars are specially designed to help them party and were inspired by Holi, the Hindu festival which signifies the arrival of spring and has become known as the happiest festival on earth.

Montezuma's Dark Chocolate with Rose & Vanilla Bar

Opening the wrapper, the bar has the classic Montezuma's style of a section of breakable blocks with a thicker piece with the Montezuma's logo on below. I do like the design - it means you can have a chunkier piece of chocolate or smaller pieces if you fancy.

Montezuma's Dark Chocolate with Rose & Vanilla Bar

The chocolate certainly had a faint smell of rose, which didn't really excite me to be honest. Don't get me wrong I don't mind rose flavour when it's in turkish delight, but with chocolate I have rarely enjoyed it.

I took a bite. I was hit by the flowery rose taste right away, followed by the more intense dark chocolate. And quite honestly I didn't enjoy it. It's just too much when paired together, and really not the sort of thing my tastebuds enjoy. The vanilla flavouring does tone down the overpowering nature of the rose somewhat, making it more palatable, but I still found it hard to eat.

Overall, I'm going to say this is one of those "love it or hate it" marmite bars; if you like rose or floral flavourings it might be right up your street. But it's really not my thing. On the plus side, the dark chocolate is good quality, as it always is from Montezuma's.

For more info and to buy: https://www.montezumas.co.uk/bars-c1/festival-2018-bars-c74

6 out of 10. 

Ingredients: Dark Chocolate 99% (Sugar, Cocoa Mass, Cocoa Butter, Emulsifier:Soya Lecithin & natural Flavouring: Vanilla), Vanilla & Natural Flavourings: Rose Oil.

Gluten free, may contain traces of nuts and dairy. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review