Urban Fruit Coconut Chips Review: Straight Up & Sriracha Chilli

urban fruit coconut chips

Recently I was offered some samples of the new range of "Triple Toasted" Coconut Chips from Urban Fruit to review, and as a lover of all things coconut I really couldn't say no!

These come in two flavours: Sriracha Chilli and Straight Up (aka plain). The Straight Up variety simply contains toasted coconut, coconut nectar & sea salt whilst the Sriracha Chilli contains chilli seasoning, coconut nectar and sea salt. They're vegan and vegetarian friendly, gluten free and contain less than 130 calories a bag.

urban fruit coconut chips sriracha chilli

I started off with trying the sriracha chilli, which has a strong flavoursome chilli kick. The chips were very moreish and crunchy; you can certainly tell they're triple baked. For a small amount they certainly packed a nice flavour punch. I really enjoyed these!

urban fruit coconut chips

I was lucky enough to get an extra large piece of coconut in one of the bags...see above!

urban fruit coconut chips straight up

The Straight Up version was nice although I didn't enjoy it as much as the Sriracha Chilli. They're a weird mixture of being very sweet, but also crunchy and almost savoury...the combination doesn't really work for me. I found the sweetness a bit too much. But at least it's sweetness from a natural source like coconut nectar rather than white sugar.

Overall, these are some tasty guilt-free snacks for sure, and I'm definitely #TeamChilli (Sriracha) rather than #TeamChill (Straight Up)! Which are you? Let me know in the comments!

Nutrition Information (per 25g): 
Sriracha Chilli: 122.2 Calories, 10.4g Fat, 4.6g Carbohydrates, 4.09g Sugars 1.28g Protein. 
Straight Up: 118 Calories, 10.4g Fat, 3.7g Carbohydrates, 3.57 Sugars, 1.25g Protein.

Comments

  1. These are a 4/5 star product :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I buy them all the time from Tesco, my new fave snack :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review