Walkers Sausage & HP Brown Sauce Crisps Review


So I've been gradually making my way through the new "sandwich inspired" range of crisps from Walkers, from the unusual but tasty Cucumber Cheese and Salad Cream, to the more ordinary Ham and Mustard...and finally I've arrived at a great combination of brown sauce and sausage; a classic British Butty combo!

I found these crisps in WH Smiths on offer of two bags for £1.50, although they're also in Boots much cheaper at two for £1.


Amazingly, these crisps are vegetarian...the wonders of modern technology! They're even dairy free and vegan, although they are made in an environment that processes dairy.

They tasted as you'd expect, with a punchy, spicy and slightly fruity brown sauce flavour and vague meatiness that obviously isn't real sausage. I'd say the predominant flavour was brown sauce, which is kind of meaty all by itself. I enjoyed these crisps but I didn't feel they were the best, they tasted like something I've had before so I doubt I would buy them again.

Overall, a nicely implemented flavour if you like brown sauce, but I prefer the other flavours in the range. Next up, I simply have to try the Bacon and Tomato Ketchup variety...

7.5 out of 10.

Comments

  1. They taste pretty much like Prawn Cocktail. A bit too fruity for me, come across as a bit sickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so disgusting not even my dog will eat them, im serious ill post a video to prove it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review