New Cadbury Dairy Milk Chopped Nut Review


Apparently, the Cadbury Dairy Milk Fruit & Nut Chopped from last year was a resounding success with the general public and has become the number one selling tablet after Dairy Milk for Cadbury's ...at least according to this press release. It's been so successful that Cadbury's want to repeat that success with a chopped version of the classic Dairy Milk Wholenut. Good idea or not? Let's find out!


I have to say I've never been a fan of Cadbury Wholenut in its original form, I do love me some hazelnutty chocolate but I prefer the likes of Ritter Sport for such things, the quality is second to none. So I went in not knowing what to compare this bar to since it could never live up to Ritter. Then it hit me: Milka chopped hazelnut! That's clearly what Cadbury's are going for with this bar, obsessed as they are with making clones of every single Milka bar in Dairy Milk form. Even the mould and blocks of the bar are thinner, meaning this weighs in at 95g in total. I paid £1 for it in Bargain Buys which is pretty reasonable, although you're still paying more for less.


The chopped nuts were dispersed fairly evenly through the bar meaning you get a nice bit of crunch with every bite.


And the bar tasted pretty decent to be honest...creamy Dairy Milk, which now has a greasier and sweeter mouth feel since they altered the recipe, and crunchy toasted hazelnuts giving bursts of nutty flavour. It's not something I would go out of my way to buy, but it's ok for what it is.


Overall, I feel a bit meh over this bar. It tastes ok, and maybe it has some value to older folks with less teeth to chew the nuts in a Cadbury Wholenut, but other than that it seems a bit pointless.

7.5 out of 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review