Walkers Cheese, Cucumber & Salad Cream Crisps Review


If you've been following me on Instagram you'll know that Walkers new "inspired by sandwiches" crisps range is now out in shops, in both Boots and Wh Smiths. There's interesting flavours like Cheese Toastie and Worcester Sauce, Bacon & Tomato Ketchup, Ham & Mustard, Roast Chicken and Mayonnaise and these Cheese, Cucumber and Heinz Salad Cream varieties. I went for these first because I've always loved putting salad cream with just about anything and was curious what it would taste like as a crisp flavouring...combined with cheese and cucumber, this sounded like one of the oddest crisp flavours I've ever heard of!


And to be honest, as odd as it sounds on paper (or screen) these don't taste half bad! The flavour is very light and creamy, and reminded me a little of sour cream and chive, especially since there were little green specks on the crisps which are presumably meant to be cucumber? There's herbs listed in the ingredients so it's not real cucumber, which is probably a blessing.

All in all, despite the odd sounding name I really enjoyed these crisps. They taste nothing like a cucumber sandwich, but then no one really expected them to...right?

Stay tuned for a review of the Ham & Mustard variety...and probably all the others too!

8 out of 10.

Comments

  1. I am really tempted by these but every time o buy novelty crisps I'm always let down and I'm more team Tyrell than Walkers nowadays so in two minds on whether to go for these....this would definitely be the flavour I go for though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I will have to hunt these down, I'm a fiend for all things salad cream and seeing that they don't disappoint is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh didn't know we were getting more this year - must find them tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kevvie Kevvie Kevvie you're one of those. I didn't take you for a salad cream on everything lover. Oh dear. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfectly normal...I refuse to be shamed over this! X

      Delete
  5. These taste like big mac sauce!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review