9Bar Super Seeds Fruity Carob Hit Review


There's a lot of new healthier snacks in shops nowadays, most notably Nakd bars are everywhere...but one healthy bar I've never tried is this "9Bar". I'm not a huge fan of seeds in bars, I prefer fruit and nuts, but I thought I'd see what this is like anyway.

The bar is gluten free and dairy free, vegan and even nut-free. It's made up of various seeds like sunflower, pumpkin and hemp, with dried fruits like apricot and dates, bound with rice syrup and with a carob topping.


Opening the wrapper it looked pretty much like a chocolate covered flapjack...although chocolate-free in this case!


It tasted...okay. It was fairly solid and substantial to chew on compared to the likes of Nakd bars, but I can't say I enjoyed it all that much to be honest. I'm not a big fan of seeds at the best of times and they didn't really provide much enjoyment to chew on, healthy though they may be. The apricots and dates saved the bar, making it more palatable with a nice fruity hit, and the carob topping...eh it was ok, but no substitute for chocolate.

Overall, I hate to be a downer on this bar but it really wasn't for me. It's probably good for anyone with common allergies though like nuts, dairy and gluten, which is always a good thing since there aren't many products around that cater for all three needs.

If you've tried this bar please do let me know your thoughts in the comments!

7 out of 10.

Comments

  1. Hey, I really liked this bar as it wasn't too sweet and I'm a fan of seeds :) Not too chewy, and carob was good. Thought it may be waxy but it wasn't.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review