Ritter Sport Chopped Hazelnuts Review


I do love a Ritter Sport bar, and thankfully, they're now becoming more widely available in the UK. I've seen them everywhere recently from the likes of Poundland, Poundworld, WH Smiths, The Co Op, and most main supermarkets too. But on the downside, it seems that Lidl UK have decided to stop stocking large Ritter Sport bars (they confirmed this to me via Twitter), so please go shout at them about it...who knows they may change their mind and start selling them again!

Anyway, I found this Ritter Sport Hazelnuts bar in The Co Op for a very reasonable £1. It's one I've seen before but not tried...I've always gone for the whole hazelnuts bars instead. However after reviewing the new Dairy Milk Chopped Nut last week I thought it'd be interesting to see what this one is like in comparison.


Like all of the smaller Ritter Sport bars it's a 100g perfectly square block, which is what makes it unique amongst chocolate bars. It's the signature Ritter Sport creamy milk chocolate with the addition of crunchy roasted chopped hazelnuts.


The chopped nuts are nicely distributed throughout the bar, meaning you get plenty in each square or row of chocolate (I don't know about anyone else but I always eat it by the row!)

This bar tasted lovely, the nuts taste fresh with a good crunch and strong hazelnut flavour. They we're much tastier than those in Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chopped Nut, no doubt Ritter have used better quality ingredients. The chocolate was creamy but with a good strong cocoa flavour, I'm guessing it's about 30% cocoa solids.

Overall, I really can't fault this bar at all...if chopped nuts in chocolate are your thing you really can't go wrong with it. It's much better quality than Dairy Milk Chopped Nut, plus you get more chocolate for the same price!

8.5 out of 10. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review