Nestlé Quality Street My Green Triangle Bar


The green triangles in Quality Street are generally one of their most popular chocolates, so it must have been a no-brainer for Nestlé to bring out this bar version. They've done the "My Purple Bar" for the last few Christmas' which has apparently "attracted a younger audience to the brand" - so this concept clearly works.

The "My green bar" is basically 4 of the green triangles from Quality Street stuck together with chocolate, and is described as "Milk chocolate with hazelnut praline centre". I liked the shape - it's quite fun to have a chocolate bar with triangles rather than regular boring, square blocks.


I kind of knew what to expect from the taste and I was right. The chocolate was the usual standard sweet, milky stuff from Nestlé which was a decent carrier for the filling. The hazelnut praline tasted just the same as it does in Quality Street - creamy and smooth, with a strong nutty flavour. It was a bit too sweet for my liking, but the bar is quite small so it was tolerable.

Overall, this was a decent bar of chocolate and I would certainly buy one again if I saw it on special offer or reduced in price, but not at the regular price. It isn't quite special or tasty enough for that. I do wish Nestlé would bring out a bar version of the strawberry or orange cremes from Quality Street instead - I think they'd be surprisingly popular, and there's currently no strawberry creme bars on the market to my knowledge (Cadbury Strawberries & Creme doesn't really count as it's more of a yogurt based filling).

Price: 65p at Newsagent.
Ingredients: Doesn't state if suitable for vegetarians. Contains vegetable fats.
Allergy Advice: Contains milk & hazelnuts. May contain traces of other nuts, wheat & egg.
Nutrition (per half bar): 98 calories, 10.5g carbohydrates, 5.6g fat.

Comments

  1. The green is definitely my favourite! I haven't seen this in stores yet..I'll have to keep a look out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo!!! The green Quality Streets are in a bar now! I love them too :D Must find them! Not too sure about the strawberry or orange. I always leave them until last or give them away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Send them to me I'll happily have them :D

      Delete
  3. I don't get why the purple and green ones do get such hype, like you and most people judging by the scarcity in the tin my favorite are the creams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I never understood the hype over them either. To me the strawberry and orange creams were always the best! And the coconut ones too when they did those.

      Delete
  4. I totally agree with you, a strawberry or orange one would be absolutely delicious! I will have to start scouting out my local newsagents for this :D great review as always and good spotting !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin, glad people agree about the strawberry cream :D Thought I was alone on that one.

      Delete
  5. I'm not a fan of any of the Quality Street chocolates to be honest. I always end up giving most of the tin away, but not before taking the green ones out as my eldest son loves them. Therefore I MUST find this new bar for him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange creams are my favourite but my son loves the green triangles will deffo be looking out for these for him x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review