Thorntons Revelations Mocha Coffee Dark Chocolates

Thorntons revelations mocha coffee

It's no secret that everyone is eating too much sugar these days, moreso if you're a snacks blogger like myself, so thank goodness some companies are giving a thought to helping us avoid diabetes. Yes, Thorntons of all companies have jumped on the "lower sugar" train and launched this new range of lower sugar chocolates called Revelations, which contain 30% less sugar than regular Thorntons chocolates. 

Thorntons revelations mocha coffee

These Mocha Coffee chocolates were the first in my basket as soon as I saw them reduced in price recently, and cost me around £1.20. They're described as "dark chocolates with a coffee flavoured mousse centre" and contain 70% cocoa solids. 

Thorntons revelations mocha coffee

I was expecting great things from these, since I loooove both coffee and chocolate...but unfortunately, like many coffee chocolates they were a bit of a letdown. I don't know if it's the reduction in sugar but they didn't taste right at all...they were surprisingly sickly for a lower sugar chocolate. Perhaps because they've used extra vegetable fat to bulk up the mousse filling? I'm not sure, but I didn't enjoy these much at all. 

Overall, these Mocha chocolates get a miss from me. However the other lower sugar chocolates in the Revelations range are a bit better, so stay tuned for a review of those! 

6 out of 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review