M&S Spirit of Summer Chocolate Coated Crunchy Corn

Marks and Spencer spirit of summer crunchy corn

M&S have gone a bit mad recently and launched a whole new "Spirit of Summer" range...in April. I can only assume this is to make extra sales since it's nowhere near Summer yet. The range has a lot of unusual (and expensive) items, many including chilli with chocolate, plus there's the Peanut Butter Cookies reviewed here by The Review Addict. I can't eat them sadly due to the (evil!) gluten, so I made do with these new "Milk Chocolate Smothered Crunchy Jumbo Salted Corn" snacks instead.

I've eaten chocolate-coated corn before, so I kind of knew what to expect: these are very different from popcorn, they're halfway between a savoury and a sweet snack. The sweetness comes from the chocolate, but in every other respect they're totally savoury.

Marks and Spencer spirit of summer crunchy corn

The pieces of corn are quite thick, larger than what's shown on the front of the pack, all with a generous coating of milk chocolate. Biting into it gives way to a large chunk of salty toasted corn.

Marks and Spencer spirit of summer crunchy corn

These are extremely moreish, yet satisfying. I liked nibbling off the milk chocolate and then eating the corn by itself...it gives you the satisfaction of chocolate followed by a savoury snack. Very addictive indeed!

These cost me £2, which is a bit pricey but I think they're worth it since they're quite unique; you won't find these in any other shops that's for certain. I imagine they're a bit of a marmite snack though...not everyone is going to enjoy them.

Overall, these are an interesting and tasty new snack from M&S...they're not doing too bad recently, they're almost redeeming themselves for their poor cake range!

8 out of 10. 

Comments

  1. I'm confused.. Is it like chocolate covered sweetcorn? 😝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha no, thankfully not! Think of puffed corn cereal coated in milk chocolate.

      Delete
    2. Ohhh, that makes sense!

      Delete
  2. I bought some of these as well and really enjoyed the sweet and salty combo.. I agree they're very moreish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need to try these, I feel a special M&S trip coming on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *RUNS TO M&S*
    Yeh these sound like my kinda thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review