Options Belgian Choc Butterscotch Hot Chocolate (Limited Edition) Review

Options low calorie limited edition belgian chocolate butterscotch flavour

Just a quick review for this new Options flavour today as there's not really much to say about it!

I found this in Tesco along with the other Options varieties, but nearly passed it by as the packaging looks quite similar to the Toffee flavour that Options used to do (anyone know if they still make it?).

It tasted pretty much like regular Options hot chocolate but with an extra hit of butterscotch flavour. It was very pleasant and sweet, and of course low calorie which is the point of Options. It's a nice limited edition, but personally I think I'll stick with Options white hot chocolate which is my personal favourite!

I tried to make this without lumps by stirring the powder with a splash of milk before adding hot water, but unfortunately still ended up with some lumps as you can see here:

Options low calorie limited edition belgian chocolate butterscotch flavour

It's not the first time I've had lumpy hot chocolate from Options...anyone else have this problem?

Price: 32p per 11g sachet or 4 for £1.
Suitable for vegetarians?: Not stated on packaging.
Allergy Information: Contains milk, whey and soya. Gluten free. Contains artificial sweeteners.
Nutrition Information (per cup made with water): 39 Calories, 0.9g Fat.

RATING: 6 out of 10. 

Comments

  1. Hey, I visit your blog often, love the reviews! I really really love hot chocolate, (have you tried any of the whittards hot chocolates?), and the best way to avoid lumps is to add a splash of boiling water to the powder to make a paste, and then add more water/milk to the paste. No lumps, every time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I will definitely try that next time :) And I'm pleased you enjoy the reviews. I have tried some Whittard hot chocs yes, there's a few reviews under the Whittard label, only the rhubarb and creme brulee ones so far though. I wish they did more in sachets!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review