Lucozade Melonade (Limited Edition) Review


In recent months I've noticed that Lucozade now comes in a dizzying array of different flavours. I'm not sure what's behind this trend, because Lucozade never really struck me as a drink suited to different flavours. The original Lucozade has it's own distinctive, unique taste, which surely gets lost when you start adding berry or apple flavourings to it?


So yes, call me old fashioned but to me proper Lucozade has just one flavour, although the orange version is a nice one-off. Nowadays though there's blackcurrant, cherry, apple, tropical, lemon, berry...and now this limited edition "Melonade" variety too. I found this in a local newsagent but it's also available at Asda in large bottles, plus I've spotted it in WH Smiths. It's described as "Sparkling melon and lime flavour glucose drink with tropical fruit juices" and contains caffeine.


It's fizzy pop that tastes of melon, basically. It has that full-on "glucose" kind of taste that Lucozade is known for, but with the slight fruity taste of watermelon. It was quite mild and I didn't think it really worked as a flavour, to be honest.

Overall, I wasn't a fan of this flavour, but for a more positive review check out Jwwwrestling's Video Review on Youtube who was a lot more positive about it than me.

If you've tried any of the fruity Lucozade spinoffs such as tropical, cherry, strawberry, apple, blackcurrant etc, please let me know your thoughts in the comments...

In other news, both the Lucozade and Ribena brands were recently sold to a Japanese company, according to this article. It'll be interesting to see if they decide to keep these fruity Lucozade varieties.

Price: 95p at newsagents. Larger bottles are also available at Asda.

RATING: 4 out of 10.

Comments

  1. How can you not like it are you crazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh i agree with ben, it's the best one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cherry one, I alternate between it and original

    ReplyDelete
  4. By far my favourite fizzy drink on the market.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just seen this review, thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review