Nestlé Yorkie Honeycomb Bar (Limited Edition) Review


When I saw these Limited Edition Honeycomb Yorkie bars at 3 for a pound in a discount store recently I knew I couldn't say no. Even after reading The Snack Review's post saying how rubbish they were last year, the fact I might never get to try one again practically forced me to buy them. I can't let a limited edition chocolate bar come and go without me trying it!


By co-incidence, I purchased these Yorkie's on the same day as the new Galaxy Honeycomb Crisp, so it was interesting to compare two different types of honeycomb chocolate bars. The difference was huge - Yorkie Honeycomb is like the peasant of honeycomb chocolate bars compared to the king that is Galaxy Honeycomb Crisp.


This bar was indeed as rubbish as Dave said in his review. Yorkie's aren't known for the quality of their chocolate these days anyway, but rather their chunky shaped blocks which are "not for girls" (or at least that's what the adverts used to say. I think Nestlé still have some making up to do for the generation of ladies they offended back then!). So it was up to the honeycomb to make this bar a worthwhile purchase, and it... didn't. The honeycomb pieces just tasted like crunchy bits of sugar, being very sweet but with no discernible honeycomb or butterscotch flavour whatsoever. The chocolate was very sweet and milky and pretty poor quality.

In contrast, the Galaxy Honeycomb Crisp I bought on the same day tasted smooth, creamy, luxurious and the honeycomb in it had a lovely butterscotch-led flavour. These two bars are on completely opposite ends of the chocolate spectrum for sure!


Overall, a very disappointing limited edition. Yorkie's used to be decent chocolate bars when I was a kid and had a distinctive taste all of their own, but now they've lost that and just taste boring. Their only selling point these days is the chunky-shaped blocks and even those are thinner than they used to be. It makes me wonder who still buys Yorkie's when there are so many better chocolate bars on the market.


Speaking of limited edition Yorkie's, Nestlé once did a mint Yorkie called "Blue Ice". It contained blue-coloured crunchy mint chips and was actually pretty tasty! Unfortunately back then Nestlé still used sexist advertising and the slogan was "Too cool for girls". Here's a pic from chocolatereview.co.uk:


Were you a fan of the Yorkie Honeycomb Limited Edition? Do you remember Yorkie Blue Ice?  Do you even still buy Yorkie bars? Please let me know in the comments! :)

Comments

  1. I never even saw a Honeycomb edition in the shops - I'm fairly sure I'd have bought it had I seen one. Despite the chocolate quality, I do still rather like the Raisin and Biscuit version. Mostly because I like Raisin and Biscuit together and overlook the cheap chocolate part. That being said, I can't really remember the last time I bought one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same...I overlook the cheap chocolate in raisin and biscuit because it's such a tasty combination. It's the only Yorkie really worth buying anymore tbh.

      Delete
  2. Not a fan of Yorkie but great to see Galaxy won the battle of the Honeycombe chocolate bars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I've been collecting chocolates/wrappers for the past 2 years and I've never seen or heard of this 'Blue Ice' yorkie. I'm jealous you even got your hands on one at some point in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this chocolate bar but cant find them anywhere getting withdrawal symptoms lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watch and Download world's famous drama series Kurulus Osman in English on link below
    👇
    Kurulus Osman in English

    📢Get high quality backlinks for your
    Website with BacklinksIndexer
    BacklinksIndexer

    Crypto trading online course
    Join on link below
    Crypto quantum leap

    📒 Read Home doctor book online
    Then you will be a doctor for your family
    Home Doctor Book

    Join online YouTube course
    And be a professional YouTuber
    Tube Mastery and Monetization by matt

    Steel Bite Pro
    Best product for
    Teeth pain, cavities,teeth whitening and other oral health issues with money back guarantee
    🦷
    Steel Bite Pro

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please keep blogging like this; I like it.
    CBD isolate lotion

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your work, and it greatly motivates me.
    chocolate spectrum

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I found your insights on This topic really thought-provoking. Looking forward to more. Keep it up!

    Alex Hales | therapeutic massage

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog stands out with its well-researched content. A reliable source of information. Alex Hales | cbn sleep gummies


    ReplyDelete
  11. Kindly continue generating articles of this nature; I am enjoying this style of content.

    Ivy James| Online Homeschooling Programs

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing write-up! The blog was very informative. Keep it up!

    Ivy James| White Label CBD

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great subject, many thanks for bringing it up. I'm incredibly motivated to create a blog because of you.
    Raymond Goodwill |THCB Distillate

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so informative. I never knew about this before. Thanks for sharing!
    Isa Bel | CBD Isolate lotion

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you're doing incredible work, and I sincerely appreciate it.

    Ivy James| Hemp Oil Extractors

    ReplyDelete
  19. This article is excellent. Your essay is really easy to read. We appreciate you providing us with this useful information.
    Raymond Goodwill | Buy CBGA isolate

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review