Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream now in the UK! - Review


Way back in February, I reviewed Ben and Jerry's Core Peanut Butter Me Up. Although I enjoyed it, I remarked: "Personally I would like a tub of peanut butter cups and ice cream without the jam". It seems I wasn't alone in my thoughts - several of the commenters in that post seemed to agree with me. Infact, it seems that Ben and Jerry's UK have had a lot of people asking for a Peanut Butter ice cream. From the pack: "This wonderful flavour has made its way across the pond from our US creation station...and it's thanks to you! You've been asking us to bring peanut butter over here, so here you have it". Yay for people power!


When I saw this in the freezers at Sainsburys I almost passed it by. It took my brain a few moments to process that it was, infact, a Ben & Jerry's peanut butter ice cream without any other components. Just peanut butter cups and peanut butter ice cream!

The description reads: "Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Chocolatey Peanut Butter Cups (20%)". That may seem like a low percentage of peanut butter cups, but they're actually very chunky in size, and there's a lot of them compared to the Peanut Butter Me Up.


Scooping some into a bowl revealed a beige-coloured, speckled ice cream packed full of chopped-up peanut butter cups. The pieces were quite large, with the peanut butter centres clearly visible:


The ice cream tasted rich and peanutty, and of course very creamy. It had quite a savoury flavour with hints of salt as well as peanut. It took me a while to get used to as I've never eaten such a savoury tasting ice cream before! The peanut butter cups were very chocolatey, and gave regular bursts of sweet peanut butter goodness. They tasted amazing!


Overall, this is a delicious ice cream and it's great to see Ben and Jerry's listening to their customers and bringing us a flavour we really want. It's far better than Peanut Butter Me Up and gives a full-on peanut butter experience rather than distracting from it with jam. If you're a fan of peanut butter, you'll definitely want to check this out!

Price: £3 at Sainsbury's (will be available from other stores later in the year).
Suitable for vegetarians?: Doesn't state on packaging.
Allergy Information: Contains milk, nuts and soya. May contain gluten.
Nutrition Information (per 100g): 320 Calories, 25g Carbohydrates, 22g Fat.

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.

If you've tried this ice cream yourself please let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Comments

  1. Yes!!!
    like you I tried it from Sainsburys earlier this year - the jam bits ruined it in my opinion......It had a terrible taste.
    ....and if I remember correctly, only half of the ice cream was peanut butter, with the other half being vanilla.
    I wouldn't have bought it again, and I adore peanut butter.
    I'd buy this version though - brilliant, because I did eat half of the ice cream before - the PB half :) which was lovely!

    Emma
    (Dear Thirty)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of my favourite Ben&Jerry's ice cream. I like that peanut butter chocolate chucks are large and ice cream is creamy and salt add nice little touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I take my (chocolate) hat of to ya Kev! I love peanut butter based snacks (jam and peanut butter is a no go for me. I once tried Smuckers peanut butter and jam - never again! Keep it simple(ish) jam is for toast or porridge not peanut butter!

    Hope the power of people bring back Banjo chocolate bar, another peanut (albeit butter) treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salty peanut butter ice cream!? This sounds and looks incredible, I'd best clear some room in my freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a B&J fan and sought out this flavour. Personally it was too salty and sickly for me. I think it's missing a sweet caramel swirl or something to tie it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can pick this up in Tesco for £3 as well. The peanut butter cups taste as good as the ones by Reeces and the actual ice cream is decent too. Lovely and on a par with the ice cream version (NOT frozen yoghurt!!!) of Cherry Garcia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Asda have it for £2.50

    ReplyDelete
  9. An amazing ice cream - even my other half who doesn't really like peanut butter & classes Reese's Butter Cups as ok loved it! Darn, I guess I have to be nice now & share :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tried it the other day ... very salty I must say ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best Ever B&J icecream flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fuck this flavour is the best of all! I usually don't really like peanutbutter but as i got it as a present with some other new new flavours I had to try it. And actually it tasted really really good I ate it in like 2 times in 20 hours time... Addicting flavour especially the chunks :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fascinating information I haven’t been experienced such information in quite a long time. shave ice syrup

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post was the deciding factor in my pizza delivery. Just had it delivered from Papa John's. I only took two teaspoons as I'm supposed to be on a diet but it was delicious!!! Thank you! Hadn't tasted the other one so it seems I got lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious beyond words

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is the best ice cream ever!


    But the peanut butter cups, I take it they're made just for ben and jerrys.


    I've tried reeses, they don't taste as good as this..


    ReplyDelete
  17. This one's amazing and the peanut butter cups themselves are perfect, but I have to say I thought the base wasn't peanut buttery enough. You could tell that's the flavor they were going for, but it felt like they didn't want to go all out with the flavor so as not to alienate people that don't like/love peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review