Milka Lila Pause


I was very excited to find this bar of Milka Lila Pause recently. I've always had a soft spot for Milka chocolates, having been to Germany and trying many different bars from their range in the past. So whenever I see a new Milka product it always brings back happy memories. Unfortunately, I keep having bad experiences with them. The Milka raspberry cream was far too sweet, as were the Christmas Minis, plus I have an upcoming Milka review that was also a disappointment.


Onto the Lila Pause. This bar comprises of a bubbly strawberry filling and crispy rice pieces. When I opened the wrapper I was met with a strong smell of artificial strawberry, kind of like Nesquik powder. It wasn't that appetizing. The chocolate coating the bar didn't smell as creamy as Milka usually does either. Biting into the bar, my suspicions were confirmed - the whole thing was very cheap, artificial tasting, and overly sweet. The rice crispies tasted stale, as did the rest of the bar. It wasn't pleasant at all. It's a shame because it could have been a great bar of chocolate if it were executed properly.

Looking at the wrapper it doesn't appear to be made by the German arm of Kraft Foods, so maybe they're using the inferior Milka chocolate recipe as mentioned by Ana in the comments recently. Which is a shame, as German Milka chocolate usually tastes delicious and creamy.

Overall, a disappointing chocolate bar that could have been so much nicer.

Comments

  1. Such a shame this didn't live up to expectations, I love the idea of the bubbly strawberry filling.

    I've had quite a few disappointing Milka purchases myself recently, all from Polish shops. I'm getting to the point where I don't think I will buy them anymore. The chocolate tastes so inferior to standard Milka products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've come to a similar conclusion. They always looks nice on the packaging but don't live up to it in reality. I saw a cherry cream Milka in a Polish shop today but just couldn't be bothered.

      Delete
  2. Milka have had another go theres the Milka Lila Pause strawberry Zack which looks different and there from Germany. With ,milka its best sticking to UK or German stock. Quality issues. Check out Monster sweets were high quality chocolate, sweets and candy are available to buy from Europe and America.

    http://www.monstersweets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. I see you stock the Milka Tuc, been looking for that for ages!

      Delete
  3. Yes we do, Milka from Germany so top quality, they are delicious, i will send you a Milka Lu Kekse and a Milka Tuc for you to enjoy. one is sweet made with butter biscuit and the other salty made with Tuc crackers. Enjoy!

    www.monstersweets.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to eat these all the time as a kid and they were fantastic!! Can no longer find them anywhere in Australia to buy ... =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I think I can help you with your question there... On the picture you see the word "ΦΡΑΟΥΛΑ" which means "strawberry" in Greek (same ofc for çilekli/Turkish and fresa/Spanish). So the bar you bought is apparently sold in these 3 countries, I couldn't find out where they are made though.

    I thought that company that imported it was Kraft foods but now another company has taken over which is called Mondelez. For what it's worth, their website is really poor (if not lousy) and there is technically no info on the products (I don't trust companies with cheap websites).

    Although I am Greek I am not surprised at all to read that they have used inferior ingredients to make it, after one year in Norway I actually have come to the point of doubting about the quality of almost all processed food that is sold in Greece. Just a few weeks ago I read about Russians banning Greek products' imports... Anyways it used to be (I think) a much better bar (not sure it had rice in the past) and you could even taste small strawberry pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi aliel, thankyou for the information! :) Yes it seems that Kraft has now become Mondelez. Here in the UK Cadbury is also now known as Mondelez UK.

      Sadly I think most confectionery products are becoming more and more inferior now :( I'm not surprised this bar was better in the past.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! :)
      I love your blog idea, if I come across any interesting snacks (I am in Norway atm) I'll let you know!

      Delete
    3. Thankyou :) I don't think I've ever tried any Norwegian snacks would be cool to hear what stuff you get there!

      Delete
  6. Hi Kev, I want to ask you a question. You wrote you didn't like this bar. Have you tried Milka Strawberry and Yoghurt chocolate and what is your opinion about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, yes I tried the Polish strawberry yoghurt Milka and rather enjoyed it :) I think it's quite similar to the Strawberries and Cream Dairy Milk bar Cadbury brought out here, but perhaps sweeter.

      Delete
  7. Milka chocolate in the UK is cheap, overly sweatend and very plasticy in texture. Avoid. Boots used to do a bar within their shapers range that looks very similar to this. It was a strawberry nougat marshmallowey centred bar covered in a thin outter dark choc shell . Was very nice.. Not sure if they're still available.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review