Nestle Quality Street Honeycomb Crunch Bar

quality street honeycomb crunch bar

I don't know what possessed me to buy this bar when I spotted it near the tills in Asda recently. I wasn't a big fan of the Honeycomb Crunch they added to Quality Street to replace the Toffee Deluxe, so in bar form it can't be much different...can it? What actually tempted me to buy this was the price of 40p - it's very rare you can get a chocolate "bar" at that price these days.

nestle quality street honeycomb crunch

I use the word "bar" loosely because like the other bar versions of Quality Street, ie. My Purple Bar and Green Triangle Bar, this is pretty much 4 chocolates bound together in the middle with a thin layer of chocolate. 

nestle quality street honeycomb crunch

It's basically a chocolate truffle filling with pieces of honeycomb added. And it's ridiculously sweet and sugary! If I thought the regular ones in tins of Quality Street were bad then this is even worse; it's super sickly and without much chocolate flavour at all. The truffle tastes greasy and rather unpleasant. 

nestle quality street honeycomb crunch

Overall, this is one to be avoided and I don't know why Nestle have put it into bar form to be honest. The Green Triangle and My Purple bars are at least made with the best chocolates from Quality Street, whereas this is one of the sweetest, most faceless...and no doubt cheaper to produce. 

Nutrition Information (per half bar): 100 Calories, 6.3g Fat, 9.8g Carbohydrates, 9.4g Sugars.

5 out of 10. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review