Thorntons Toffee, Fudge & Caramel Collection with New Chocolates! Review


I recently reviewed the new Thorntons Fruit Collection, and at first I wasn't going to bother with any more, until I noticed that this Toffee, Fudge & Caramel Collection also contains some new chocolates! Yes, this pack contains the new "Granola Fudge" as well as a white chocolate "Nutty Caramel", plus a dark chocolate Fudge, a milk chocolate "Gooey Caramel" and a "Tempting Toffee". These cost £1 a bag at WH Smiths or two bags are £1.60 mix and match.


First up is the Tempting Toffee...this one had a truffley toffee flavoured centre coated in milk chocolate. It was very pleasant and rich, with a nice creamy flavour.


Next up was this Nutty Caramel, which is a white chocolate containing praline and gooey caramel. It was very yummy indeed..the perfect balance of sticky flavoursome caramel with a creamier white chocolate coating. The praline wasn't as noticeable, but it did give a faint nutty flavour that complimented the rest of the chocolate. Very yummy indeed.


I'm not sure if this one is new or not, but I've not seen a dark chocolate Creamy Fudge from Thorntons before. It was very nice, in fact better than the milk chocolate variety as the darker chocolate gave it a more flavoursome edge that balanced out the sweetness of the fudge.


Last but not least, the new Granola Fudge...this is a simple fudge containing oat flakes for the granola, coated in milk chocolate. Initially I couldn't really taste the oat flakes but as I chewed the fudge they were there in the background giving a slight chewy texture. Nice, but it could have been better...I'd have expected some raisins or something to make it a true granola.

There were also some milk chocolate Gooey Caramels in the bag, which I didn't take a pic of since I ate them so quickly! Needless to say they were lovely; soft and buttery with a rich flavour.

Overall, I have to say this is a lovely collection of chocolates from Thorntons, and I feel like they've stepped up their game in terms of quality and new varieties. All the flavours and textures offer something worthwhile, making this bag a worthy purchase for the price.

8.5 out of 10. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review