Oreo Ice Cream Cones


Whilst in Sainsbury's looking for the Ben and Jerry's Clever Cookies recently, I also spotted this box of Oreo Ice Cream Cones. Described as "Crisp chocolate flavour wafer cone with vanilla flavour ice cream with crushed chocolate flavour biscuits", you get 4 cones for £2.49.

Apparently Oreo cones are available in the US, but it appears they're simply plain unfilled chocolate flavour cones. I can't find much info online, so if anyone knows otherwise please do leave a comment!


These were filled with plenty of vanilla ice cream and Oreo pieces. The ice cream had a lovely creamy vanilla flavour, and was quite light and not as dense as some ice creams. The Oreo pieces added a tasty chocolate crunch, although were missing the cream element you get in traditional Oreos. I guess the ice cream is meant to take its place. The wafer cone was very crunchy and chocolatey, and combined with the ice cream it made for a great taste experience. It was a nice contrast of creamy and chocolatey, soft and crunchy, and very, very moreish! I don't think I've ever seen chocolate-flavoured cones like these before, so they may well be a first, at least here in the UK anyway.


Something that wasn't mentioned on the box was the fact that there's a small portion of chocolate compound (ie. fake chocolate) at the bottom of the cones, which you can hopefully see in this pic:


I don't usually like compound chocolate, but in this case it was a nice extra hit of chocolate flavour and a good way to finish off the cone.

Overall, I think these Oreo Ice Cream Cones are a great idea and very tasty. They combine cocoa flavours, crunchy wafer and creamy vanilla ice cream very well. If you like Oreos I would recommend them!

Price: £2.49 at Sainsbury's.
Nutritional facts: Contains milk, wheat, gluten and soya.

Comments

  1. Great find! Back to Sainsbury's for me then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sainsbury's is turning out to be a treasure trove for new snack releases isn't it?

      Delete
  2. I was so excited when I heard about these - I love Oreos!

    They look great, especially the chocolate cone. I love all your detailed photos of the insides too! I can't wait to give them a try now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Katherine :) Let me know what you think when you try 'em!

      Delete
  3. Great review! Asda sell the Oreo ice cream in a tub!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always thought that most ice cream cones have chocolate at the bottom to seal off the end, so that the ice cream doesn't start melting out of the little hole on the tip of the cone.

    I will try to get this asap, I love oreos and anything oreo-related! *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are a-maze-ing!!! they're currently on offer in waitrose and i saw them for the first time this week - yum yum yum!! I hope they're here to stay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Oreo Ice cream had a Lovely Vanilla flavour Really I try to made it, Beacouse I Loves very much it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a massive oreo fan but have to say these tasted rubbish and were a huge let down for me. I found the 'ice cream' very light and airy, as you said, but artificial. The oreo pieces were far too soft. The cone was awful, and overall, they were certainly not worth £2. I wonder if the Oreo tub of ice cream will be as disappointing, either way, it seems over priced, as I saw it for £4.49 in my local Tesco

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!!!!! just had obe yum yum yum.. Morrisons do them to, saw them an had to buy them, Love the Oreo bits and nice crispy cone anything Oreos and am there. I will pop into Asda now for a tub wooooow

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in the outreach/supported living part of a care home for adults with ASD and one of my support workers told me about these Oreo cones whilst mistaking them for Cornettos. I was doing an online Sainsbury's food shop recently when I searched for Oreos and I stumbled across these cones by accident. I liked the look of them, so I ordered them. When I tried one, I was in Heaven! Although the Oreo cookie bits were a little on the soggy side, I was impressed with finding them inside the cone as well as on top and I loved the rich Oreo taste of the cone. I got the pleasant surprise of the chocolatey bottom of the cone similar to those in Cornettos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sucks that I can't find this in Washington, D.C. 😔 and it looks amazingly good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love chocolate and i wood like to have oreo ice cream cone

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review