Kev's Easter Bunny Beauty Contest


Welcome to Kev's Easter Bunny Beauty Contest! With many different Easter Bunnies gracing our shelves this year, including a newcomer in the Thorntons Bramble Bunny, I thought I would pit them all against each other to see which looked the best. They were all very bright and shiny whilst "fully clothed" but some failed to live up to their image when unwrapped. I will choose my three favourites and award the winner with a ribbon and bell.

Here are the competitors:

Sainsbury's White Chocolate Bunny:


          

The Sainsburys bunny clearly didnt feel the need to hide his body, although kept his complexion clear with a protective, air-tight box. It looked like a bunny version of the Popemobile!
I really like this bunny, he looks cute and smiley and the pink ears are a nice touch.

Lindt Gold Bunny:

               

The Lindt Gold Bunny arrived looking like he had already won, with his red ribbon and bell. This was promptly confiscated.
He's a good-looking bunny, but not quite as detailed as his smaller competitor the M&S Bunny.

Nestlé Milkybar Bunny: 


   

The Milkybar Bunny looks nothing like any bunny I have ever seen before. More like a blob with ears. Null points!

Thorntons Bramble Bunny:



           
The Bramble Bunny is in fine nick; he's smiley and cute and exactly what you would expect from an Easter bunny! I'm not sure what those blobs on his belly are though...

Malteaster Bunny:


              

The Malteaster Bunny unfortunately didn't seem to have a face. Disqualified! (sorry, but this is a beauty contest!)

Cadbury Caramel Bunny:




The Cadbury Caramel Bunny had to be prized away from his twin for the purposes of this contest.
He doesn't look too great to me, his features look like they have been drawn on and those eyes are a little bit creepy!

Marks & Spencer Honeycomb Truffle Crunch Bunny:


      
The M&S Honeycomb Bunny may be small, but looks pretty good! He's definitely the most detailed and bunny-like competitor of the bunch.



And the runners up are...


Sainsbury's, Thorntons and  Marks & Spencer Bunnies.
These guys were by far the three best-looking bunnies of the bunch in my opinion. The Sainsbury's and Thorntons bunnies are smiley and cute, whilst the M&S Honeycomb Bunny is detailed and realistic-looking.

AND THE WINNER IS:



The Sainsbury's White Chocolate Bunny! This guy is smiley, cute, and looks great with his little pink ears. Congratulations!

Most of these bunnies can be found in most major supermarkets. Tesco, Morrisons and Asda didn't seem to have their own brand of small Bunnies so I haven't included them.

I'd be interested to know what your favourite Easter Bunnies are this year, please let me know in the comments!

TASTE-TEST:
For anyone wondering which bunny tasted the best, I would say the Lindt Gold Bunny, with the M&S honeycomb truffle bunny a close second.

Prices: All bunnies except the Lindt Gold Bunny were less than £1.

*Apologies for the poor formatting. It was a nightmare trying to get these pics to align properly!

Comments

  1. Brilliant feature, I'll have to show my nephew, he'll love your comparisons. You definitely chose wisely. Only question though, who wins the taste contest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I agree blogger can be a complete nightmare with picture alignment and formatting, its made me give up on some posts in the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian! Hope your nephew likes it :) Hmm I would say the Lindt Gold Bunny wins the taste test...with the M&S bunny a close second. I should add that at the end of the post actually.

      Yeah blogger is so very annoying, I also came close to giving up on this post a few times!

      Delete
  3. Awww Kev this is a brilliant and funny post! I was cheering from the sidelines for the Sainsbury's White Chocolate Bunny all the way! Definitely the cutest bunny of the bunch and he looks adorable with his winning red ribbon :)

    (I have no idea how you managed to align the pictures side by side. I used to be able to do it but for some reason it NEVER works now.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Katherine, I'm glad you liked it!

      To be honest I nearly gave up on this post several times, it was a major stress trying to get all the pictures next to each other! I'm surprised blogger don't have a feature that does it automatically.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic post Kev! The M&S Bunny sounds delicious. I will have to see if I can still get one.

    I have trouble with Blogger formatting too. I find the way to get it working again is to delete all the formatting using the Remove Formatting button, go out of the post and back in and then format it again. It's a pain in the bum but usually works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah :) And thanks for the tip, I will definitely try that next time. It took forever to do this post lol.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh this made me giggle! I have seen all these bunnies in passing and wondered which one to try. The Sainsbury's one has the cutest face by far! Looks are all that matters with Easter chocolate, who actually bothers with the taste when chocolates look that cute?!

    *Off to Sainsburys!*

    Bella x

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely blog sooo cute!!! -- please check out my easter post! :)XXX
    http://hughesingg.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/easter.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review