Erasmi Rum-Marzipan Nuggets


Whilst browsing Lidl after Christmas I came across these Rum-Marzipan Nuggets. They must have been leftover Christmas stock as there were only two packs left, so I quickly snapped one up.

I'm not the greatest lover of marzipan but the knobbly, blocky shapes of these really intrigued me. They're basically little nuggets of rum flavoured marzipan, coated in a thin layer of dark chocolate, and then coated again in a layer milk chocolate and chopped hazelnuts.


I wasn't expecting much from them to start with, but they tasted even worse than I'd imagined. I'm not sure if it was due to importing, or simply because of the rum flavouring, but they just tasted bitter and unpleasant to me. The rum flavouring was overpowering and artificial, and was all I could taste. There wasn't much taste from the chocolate or nuts, just an overall stale bitterness.


I quickly disposed of the rest in the bin. It's a shame, because they really do look kinda cool.

Overall, I'm not sure whether this was a one-off or if this is just a bad product, but I really didn't like these at all! If I see some more Erasmi products I might give them a try, but I'm not too excited at the prospect after trying these.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review