Ombar Dairy Free Probiotic Vegan Raw Cacao Bars


Ombar recently contacted me about reviewing their Dairy Free Vegan Raw Cacao Bars, and since these are technically refined sugar free (they contain coconut sugar instead) I thought I'd give them a try. Not only do they contain coconut sugar, the "milk" varieties also contain coconut milk instead of dairy, making them dairy free and suitable for vegans. They also contain "live cultures", making them good for your tummy too!

I've actually reviewed Ombar before - I tried their Strawberry Mylk bar - but I was delighted at the chance to try the Coconut Milk and Lemon & Green Tea varieties, especially as these bars usually cost £2 each in my local health food store. They're definitely only an occasional indulgence, which chocolate should really be anyway (Who am I kidding?!)


I tried the Lemon & Green Tea variety first, which contained real lemon powder & oil, and matcha green tea powder. I wasn't sure what to expect from this bar but I loved it, in fact it was my favorite out of all three bars! The raw cacao and coconut sugar give a richer, earthier taste than regular chocolate, and this bar contained 60% cocoa solids. The lemon and green tea flavours work perfectly with it, it's fruity yet earthy and tangy, with the green tea giving a crisp finish. This is a lovely bar that would go perfectly as a dessert, and is surprisingly satisfying for such small bar. It won't make you want to inhale a huge slab in one sitting like the more unsubstantial chocolates out there! 9 out of 10


Next up I tried Coco Mylk, a bar containing 20% creamed coconut as well as coconut sugar, 55% cocoa solids, cacao butter and vegan cultures. This was a very creamy bar, more melt in the mouth and less rustic and earthy than the Green Tea bar. I guess it's supposed to be a dairy free version of milk chocolate, and to be honest it doesn't quite recreate the creamy flavour of dairy, but that doesn't matter because it's delicious in its own right. Creamy, rich and melt in the mouth. 8 out of 10.


Last but not least I tried the Strawberry Mylk that I've reviewed before, and it was just as tasty as I remember. The strawberry powder perfectly complimented the creamy rich chocolate to give a lovely fruity chocolatey taste that felt very indulgent. Definitely a highlight of the range! 9 out of 10.

Overall, if you're vegan, avoiding dairy or refined sugars and want something tasty with health credentials, then Ombars range is perfect for you. There's something for everyone here, from the sweeter creamier bars to the richer, earthier higher cocoa bars. Do check out their website http://www.ombar.co.uk

Comments

  1. Thanks to share this post.probiotic powder is a very good product.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review