Burts Festive Roast Turkey & Chestnut Stuffing Crisps


I don't know if it's just me but I've noticed there's A LOT of "luxury" crisp manufacturers popping up in supermarkets recently, like it's a big deal. There's Kettle chips of course who are the original boys on the scene, they've been out years now, but recently there's been other companies to step in too...Tyrell's, Burts, and more besides. 

Anyway when I saw this bag of Burts roast turkey and chestnut stuffing flavour in Aldi over the weekend I obviously had to give it a try since it's both in the "luxury" category, it's the festive season and well, I'd be a Scrooge not to! They were only £1 - bargain! 

The crisps actually contain real Norfolk bronze turkey powder, as well as various herbs and spices, and are free of msg and artificial flavours.

They were nice and thick but the flavourings, as always with these types of crisps had sunk to the bottom of the bag. I gave it a shake but still the most strongly flavoured crisps were at the bottom. 

To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with the flavour, it was predominantly herbs like thyme...I couldn't taste much turkey or chestnut but I could certainly taste stuffing! They were a bit boring really, not particularly meaty. 

Overall these are ok, but nothing particularly special or exciting. I guess turkey is too plain of a flavour to translate well to crisps. I'll stick with the turkey dinner this Chrimbo! 

RATING: it's a bah humbug 6 out of 10 for these! 

Comments

  1. I'm glad I didn't buy these, I debated it for ages but sounds like I may the right choice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review