Tesco Chocolate Popcorn And Salted Caramel Dessert Review


Whilst in Tesco recently I needed a quick snack and instead of going for chocolate or a bag of nuts I decided to try this Chocolate Popcorn and Salted Caramel Dessert pot instead. It comes with a little plastic spoon to eat it with so I knew I was safe in the knowledge I could nom on it as soon as I'd left the store! (hence only the one photo!)

It's described on the sleeve as "Layers of chocolate dessert, salted caramel sauce, chocolate coated popcorn pieces and caramel pieces". As salted caramel is usually fantastic no matter what it's combined with I had high expectations from the start, but alas, this dessert was a bit of a disappointment really. Whilst it tasted nice enough, it wasn't quite as luxurious as I'd hoped and the caramel portion had an odd, almost "bitter" edge to it, which I've also experienced with toffee yogurts before. My guess is that the caramel sauce had some kind of stabilizer added to it since it was chilled, as I've never experienced this from non-chilled caramel desserts before. The popcorn and caramel pieces added a nice bit of crunch but there weren't many of them and they were a bit too hard and annoying.

Overall, I found this dessert a bit of a disappointment - it promised so much and I think Tesco can do a lot better!

RATING: 6 out of 10. 

Contains milk and soya, may contain nuts.
Not suitable for vegetarians. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review