Fruittella Magics


After reading this article about Fruittella Magics I was intrigued. Apparently they have been out before, although I was never aware of them the first time so I decided I had to try them this time around. They've been brought out to cash-in on the trend for "flavour changing" sweets, such as Skittles Crazy Cores (reviewed here by Grocery Gems), Starburst Flavour Morphs etc.


The first thing to note is the packaging. It looks a bit...outdated. If Fruittella are trying to appeal to a modern audience I think they made a mistake here, as the packaging is nowhere near as eye-catching as Starburst or Skittles.


Packaging aside it's the taste that counts, and luckily they tasted very nice. They were very fruity and chewy and the texture was just perfect. As promised the orange turned to strawberry and the raspberry turned to lemon. It was quite a subtle change but definitely noticeable, and made for a pleasant flavour experience. They're far nicer than Skittles Crazy Cores in my opinion, but the only letdown was that there were only two, yes two different flavours! I find this very odd since most bagged sweets have at least 4 different flavours. I think this coupled with the outdated packaging is their downfall, and it's a real shame because they are a very tasty product!


Overall if you're into chewy fruity sweets I would recommend these, I think they're much nicer than similar sweets like Starburst, it's just a shame about the lack of different flavours.

Price: £1.25 at Morrisons.
Ingredients: Contains gelatine - not suitable for vegetarians. Also contains coconut oil.
Allergy advice: None stated but they don't appear to contain any allergenic ingredients (milk, egg, nuts).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review