Nákd Fruit Salad and Tooty Fruity Fruit & Nut Nibbles


Nákd Foods produce snacks made from all-natural ingredients, usually consisting of dried fruits and nuts, which are cold-pressed and never baked with no added sugar or syrups. They're suitable for vegans and are gluten-free and dairy-free. They recently announced the launch of a new "Fruit & Nut Nibbles" snacking range, and luckily I happened to spot some in Asda recently. There's quite a few flavours but today I'll focus on Fruit Salad and Tooty Fruity.

If you're like me then the mention of Fruit Salad takes you back to those sugary orange sweets from childhood, often found in Pick & Mix with Black Jacks. They were full of sugar and chemicals, but highly addictive. They had a unique flavour, and to be honest I've never had anything else fruit salad flavoured...until now!

These "Fruit & Nut Nibbles" are a much healthier way to get a sweet fix, and as an adult trying to reduce my sugar intake I am grateful for them...now I don't need to upset my dentist anymore!


Opening the pack revealed some brownish coloured...er..."nibbles", and I have to be honest and say they looked a bit like rabbit droppings. I can't be the only one who thinks this?! Overlooking this, thankfully they didn't smell like rabbit droppings - they had a strong Fruit Salad aroma, that unique smell we all know and love!

I popped a few in my mouth and was met with a delightful burst of fruitiness. It tasted refreshing and almost tropical, like they'd taken the basic Fruit Salad flavour and enhanced it with tropical fruits. The nibbles were chewy thanks to the dried fruit and nuts, and a small handful felt very satisfying, more so than a chocolate bar. I didn't feel the need to scoff the whole bag at once, which is unusual for me!

Overall, these Fruit Salad Nibbles make for a great tasting, satisfying snack that happens to be healthy too! If you're concerned with your sugar intake you can't go wrong with these.

RATING: 8 out of 10.

Tooty Fruity Nibbles:

Tooty Fruity isn't a flavour I'm that familiar with, so I wasn't sure what to expect from these.

They were lovely though...they had a pleasant tropical flavour, with strong hints of pineapple that was very refreshing. I almost enjoyed them more than the Fruit Salad variety since I didn't expect a dried fruit snack to taste quite this refreshing. They actually look deceiving...the brown colour really doesn't do them justice, I feel like they should be bright yellow or orange!


Overall, both of these flavours are definite winners, and eating them instead of sugary sweets I certainly wouldn't feel deprived. They're a tasty way to wean off sweets, and if you're looking to reduce sugar intake I can highly recommend them.

RATING: 8 out of 10. 

Price: Both 67p at Asda.

Both are gluten-free, dairy-free, and suitable for vegans and vegetarians. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review