Green & Blacks THIN Milk Chocolate 37% Cocoa


Green & Blacks recently launched a range of "THIN" chocolate bars, amongst them flavours such as Salted Caramel (which I reviewed previously), Dark, Mint and this 37% Milk. The range is currently on offer for £1.50 at most Tesco Express stores.

This Milk variety contains 37% cocoa solids, which is a little higher than the  average milk chocolate. As with all G&B chocolates all the ingredients are organic and they use raw cane sugar, giving a more "rustic" flavour. The squares are fairly large, and I found two to be a nice amount for a cocoa fix.


The chocolate was very flavoursome, much richer than regular G&B milk chocolate and Lindt's Creamy Milk chocolate. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it, I was expecting it to be very milky but instead the milk took a back seat and the cocoa flavours were more prominent. As a fan of rich milk chocolates from the likes of Hotel Chocolat I was really pleased by this! I found a few squares very satisfying, but that's not to say I couldn't have easily eaten the whole bar!

Overall, I think the range of THIN chocolates from G&B are excellent, I haven't tasted a bad one so far and I hope they stick around. I'm still excited to try the Mint variety which contains crunchy mint chips - it's a little hard to find though!

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.

Contains milk & soya. May contain Nuts. Suitable for vegetarians.

Comments

  1. Is it a different blend of chocolate they are using then compared to their regular range? I thought it was the same albeit in a thinner format?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes different to me, definitely not the same as the regular G&B milk chocolate. I'm not sure of the cocoa % in their regular bars though.

      Delete
    2. Their standard milk chocolate is 37% , which is pretty deep and robust like you described. They have a creamy milk chocolate too which is lower in % which tastes quite a bit different.

      Delete
    3. Ahh I must be thinking of the Creamy one! I didn't realize they had two.

      Delete
    4. Horrible now its thinner tastes more like cooking chocolate, the ginger taste is not as powerful. It used to be nice and thick and melted in your mouth , not now it doesn't rather have the thick on anyday why change that isn't broken is the saying.

      Delete
  2. You can find the mint one in Waitrose stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I did see it in a larger store once but stupidly didn't buy it! My local small Waitrose stores don't stock it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review