Marks & Spencer Salted Caramel Whip


Marks & Sparks have jumped on the Salted Caramel bandwagon, yay! I must admit I was rather excited when I spotted this in M&S the other day, as was the lady next to me in the queue; "I can't wait to get this bad boy home!" she proclaimed. Some people are easily pleased, I guess!

Described as "milk chocolate filled with soft mallow and salted caramel, with dark chocolate, butterscotch and a caramel white chocolate hazelnut" this cost me 65p. Opening the wrapper I was struck by the unusual shape...it doesn't look like a regular walnut whip at all!


I first bit off the caramel white chocolate hazelnut, which was a nice mixture of savoury and sweet but nothing spectacular in and of itself. I then bit into the whip and got a nice mix of mallow, caramel and chocolate.


It tasted very nice...the milk chocolate is good quality with a nice smooth melt, the mallow is sweet and gooey and the salted caramel adds an extra sweet buttery flavour to the mix. I couldn't really taste the salt much but there was definitely a hint of it. I didn't really notice the dark chocolate much either, it got lost amongst the mix of sweet flavours.

Overall, this gets a thumbs up from me, it's a tasty and novel take on the humble walnut whip and although it's slightly lacking in the salted caramel department, it's pretty good regardless.

8 out of 10.

Comments

  1. That looks amazing! I am going to be purchasing one of these ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this when I was in M&S today; they've got a chocolate fudge version too! Yum! I really want to try it but cant justify buying one when I have literally a mountain of Christmas chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review