Bahlsen Pick Up! Milk Chocolate Biscuit Bars Review


Bahlsen recently got in touch with me to review some of their Pick Up! biscuits, and of course I couldn't say no to that. I've always been curious about Pick Up! but never bothered trying it since I assumed it was just a plain biscuit bar with a cream filling...but boy was I wrong! Pick Up! actually contains a layer of solid milk chocolate sandwiched in-between the biscuits!

I was sent a multipack which contains 5x28g bars. The usual price for the multipacks is £1.69.


They're quite similar to the new Dairy Milk with LU & Ritz bars, the difference being that these contain a greater ratio of biscuit, and so will be situated in the biscuit aisle rather than confectionery.


Opening the wrapper I was met with a delicious wheaty, chocolatey aroma. It smelled fantastic and had my mouth watering!


There's a section in the middle of the biscuit to split in half, and doing so revealed the thick milk chocolate centre. The chocolate smelled very creamy and "European"...which is a good thing because European chocolate is superior to UK chocolate in my opinion, as they tend to use a much higher percentage of cocoa solids. Bahlsen biscuits are made in Hannover in Germany, which perhaps explains the higher quality here.


Taking a bite I was met with a crunchy, golden, buttery biscuit and a firm layer of solid milk chocolate. It tasted delicious! The thickness of the chocolate meant these were more like eating a chocolate bar coated in biscuit rather than vice-versa, which was a new experience for me. The chunky chocolate is lovely and these biscuits are perfect dunked in a cup of tea (or coffee!).

I'm so glad I finally got to try Bahlsen Pick Up! and can't believe I've missed out on trying them for so long. They're delicious biscuits and the thick layer of chocolate really makes them something special. They're far nicer than Dairy Milk with LU & Ritz, and I hope they become just as popular!

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.

Price: £1.69 for a pack of 5 bars.
Suitable for vegetarians?: All of Bahlsen's biscuits are suitable for vegetarians.
Allergy Information: Contains wheat, milk, egg, soya. May contain nuts.
Nutrition (per bar): 143 Calories, 9.9g Sugar, 17g Carbs, 7.3g Fat.

*These biscuits were sent for an honest review and all opinions expressed are my own. 

Comments

  1. Ahhh I think I'd prefer the Leibniz biscuits

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chocolate in them is much nicer ;)

      Delete
    2. The biscuits used for Pick Up! are Leibniz too actually :)

      Delete
    3. Ah thanks Steffi! I also have a review for Leibniz coming up :)

      Delete
  2. *These biscuits were sent to me for an honest review.

    That's all well and good but is the review totally honest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, why else would I even put that at the end?

      Delete
  3. I think the ingredients are very miss leading and feel it should state on the front of the packet it contains hazelnut especially for nut allergy sufferers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says it on the packet! Always read the ingredients if you have any allergy at all. I have to with my daughter having a dairy allergy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review