Nakd Salted Caramel Bars Review

Nakd Salted Caramel Bars

Veganuary rolls on, and with it the many and varied new Meat, Dairy etc Free product launches. One in particular that had to go straight into my basket when I spotted them in Sainsbury's were these New Nakd Salted Caramel Bars. I do love Nakd, and have done for years now, from their Nibbles Range to the Posh Bits and all the various Limited editions like Carrot Cake, Lemon Drizzle, Blueberry Muffin and so on. It seems tradition for them to bring out a new flavour every year and at last it's the trendy Salted Caramel! They've done this before in the Nibbles range, but never in bar form so I was pretty excited.

Nakd Salted Caramel Bars

These cost £1.99 for a 4 pack in Sainsbury's and are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. There's also a new Walnut and Coffee variety - but more on that later! The ingredients are pretty simple like all Nakd bars: dates, raisins, cashews, peanuts, Cornish sea salt and a hint of natural flavourings.

Nakd Salted Caramel Bars

I'm glad to say that these live up to everything they're hyped to be; they taste natural and have somehow nailed the Salted Caramel flavour with only real ingredients. How?!

Opening the wrapper the bar had a super strong salted caramel aroma, so much so I thought it had to be artificial. But taking a bite everything tastes very natural, it's super sweet, chewy and moist with the caramel and sea salt flavours mingling together to create a moreish combination. I find dates are actually sweeter than regular sugar for me so just one bar of this was enough - as delicious as it was I didn't want more, it felt very filling.

Nakd Salted Caramel Bars

Overall then, this is another big success from Nakd - I tend to love every flavour they do but this is definitely a highlight! It's one I will be buying again, but I do hope it doesn't replace the Lemon or Carrot Cake flavours as they're both pretty fantastic too.

8.5 out of 10.

Nutrition Information (per 35g bar): 124 Calories, 4.6g Fat, 18.6g Carbohydrates, 1.8g Fibre, 3g Protein, 0.3g Salt. 



Comments

  1. I had, reasonably often, bought the big boxes of Nakd bars direct from Natural Balance and i visited the site last week to check the prices as i'd got a big box of cocoa coconut from my local market for a bargain £3. I saw on the site that you can no longer buy from them direct and you get shipped off to amazon if you want a big box - this miffed me as i do at least *try* to avoid using amazon all the time, and also free delivery isn't til £20, wheras it was standard direct from them. I had a very helpful conversation with their customer service and yesterday I received a big haul of a selection of Nakd bars as a thank you for my feedback & disappointment of them changing the system. I really do like them as a company, and having been a customer since i forget when (before the gluten free range, when there was about 3 flavours in the oaties) it is a shame to use amazon, but apparently customers were primarily using amazon :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, interesting. Totally agree - great company, a shame that everyone goes to Amazon now but I guess it's what often springs to mind for most folks. I tend not to use them because often a lot of the same things are available on Ebay cheaper. I recently got some of the American M&Ms from ebay instead of Amazon, saves a few pound!

      Delete
    2. yeah i have been using ebay more as you don't have the postage issue under £20 (seems same things on ebay as amazon as well). id never thought of buying the nakd bars from amazon, but i guess i was in the minority there based on their feedback. also from a customer service point of view, if there was a problem, im sure natural balance are a lot better than an amazon marketplace seller (altho amazon themeselves seem quite libreral in their refunds etc)

      Delete
  2. There's something called 'Natural Flavoring' in it, so not 100% natural/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review