Cadbury Oreo Creme Egg Review

oreo creme egg

When this new "Oreo Crème Egg" was announced last year everyone got just a wee bit excited. It's not surprising, since the original Crème Egg still reigns supreme as the Number 1 Easter Egg in the UK (although the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs available at Tesco could rival it!). So add to that another popular food item and you've got a winner, right?

I was a bit sceptical about how this would work - surely the cookie pieces would get soggy inside the goo? Luckily it didn't take too long to find out - these were available in shops just before Christmas Day, along with a variety of other Easter treats. I swear it gets earlier every year...

oreo creme egg

You can find these in most supermarkets now, and they're particularly prominent in Sainsbury's Express stores. Opening the wrapper, the egg has the classic Crème Egg design, but with a rather prominent section in the middle. I guess these are produced differently to regular Cadbury Crème Eggs.

oreo creme egg

Cutting the top off with a knife revealed the Oreo cookie and crème filling below. And rather than being gooey like a crème egg, it turned out to be firm! Boo, what a disappointment. I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise really though, since gooey fondant would probably ruin the cookie pieces.

oreo creme egg

It's basically the Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo bar, but in egg form. Which means it's very tasty and moreish, and perhaps even more addictive in this form. It seems firmer in texture than the Oreo Egg N' Spoons that are also now available.

Overall, there's not a great deal to say about these, other than they're yet more tasty and moreish sugar bombs to ruin your January diet! I predict these will be very popular, although I do wish Cadbury would just bring out a White Chocolate Crème Egg - the competition to find one seems like such a tease!


Comments

  1. I am an Oreo fan, I love its taste on anything. Basically I love tasting Oreo biscuits. This Oreo crème egg sounds more delicious. I am sure my kid loves this too. Interesting review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah they're like the mini ones that you can get in the packets? Like you I had imagined they were going to be gooey, I think Cadbury are playing it a bit fast and loose comparing it to the creme egg. No matter, they still look tasty and I will be grabbing one ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried one of these the other day. I found that there was too much of the creamy filling and not enough Oreo biscuit which made it a little too sweet for my liking

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's as sickly sweet as the standard creme eggs then i'll probably pass...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review