Cadbury Creme Egg Pots of Joy Review

cadbury creme egg pots of joy

I was really surprised to spot these new Cadbury Creme Egg Pots of Joy in Sainsbury's recently as I wasn't expecting them at all - there's been no press-release whatsoever. I've heard plenty about the new Cadbury Creme Egg Biscuits, though; do check out Foodstuff Finds review of those!

cadbury creme egg pots of joy

These are a bit of a different prospect - they're described as "2 x smooth and creamy desserts made with melted Cadbury milk chocolate with a fondant layer". Of course they wouldn't be creme egg without the famous white and yellow fondant, and here it is in all its gooey glory!:

cadbury creme egg pots of joy

Taste-wise they were kind of as you would expect - smooth and chocolatey with an added hit of sweet fondant from the creme egg layer. It was creamy and of course very sweet, but that's not such a bad thing when it comes to creme egg - half of the "joy" is in the sugar rush!

Overall, if you're a fan of Cadbury creme eggs then these are a nice Easter novelty. I imagine they'd be particularly great with a real Cadbury's Creme Egg chopped up and mixed in!

RATING: 8 out of 10. 

Price: £1 per twin-pack at Sainsbury's (also on offer at the CO-OP).
Suitable for vegetarians?: No.
Allergy Information: Contains milk, soya. May contain nuts.
Nutrition (per pot): 6.7g Fat, 23g Sugar, 165 Calories.

Comments

  1. These excite me far more than they probably should. Think I'll be buying some when I end my fast on Friday - eek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, yeah, but I've known it's coming so I'm as psychologically prepared as I can be! It's been over 24 hours since I last ate and I actually feel fine. I admit thoughts of what I'll treat myself to at the weekend help ;) Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Now that does look delicious!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking forward to this review because I spotted these in the Co-Op myself. The Dairy Milk layer tastes true to the actual chocolate but it overpowered the fondant-flavoured layer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. they're 4 for £1 in asda yay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found them almost tasteless. The chocolate layer is not as good as the Rolo version, and the eggy bit was watery and tasted only of sugar. I wont buy these again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review