Naked 100% Coconut Water Review


When Naked Drinks contacted me to review their new Coconut Water I couldn't say no; I've become a little obsessed with coconut products recently since trying to reduce my sugar intake (see my glowing review of Tiana's Raw Organic Coconut Goodness).

Coconut Water is one of those things you either like or you don't...or you just put up with the taste to gain the health benefits. It can be a bit of an an acquired taste to be honest! Regardless, it's great for quenching thirst and replenishing electrolytes on a hot day, or after exercise (and much healthier than chugging a bottle of Lucozade!)

There's a lot of brands around, with Vita Coco being the most popular due to its celebrity endorsements, but personally I think it's over-hyped. So whats different about Naked coconut water? Well, I don't have Vita Coco on hand so can't compare directly, but going by the press release from Naked it's special because it's made from "the fresh liquid from young green coconuts, is naturally low in calories and a source of potassium". It contains 650mg potassium, 65mg calcium and 23mg of magnesium per 11.2oz serving.


Taste-wise I thought it was pleasant. Slightly sweet and smooth, with a refreshing aftertaste. It didn't have that somewhat "stale" flavour that some coconut waters seem to but tasted more fresh. I found it quenched my thirst nicely with a rather small amount.

Overall, this Naked coconut water is a welcome newcomer in the coconut water market, I would say it has an edge over others as it does taste fresher. I'll be interested to see how long it lasts on shelves, since everyone and their mum is launching coconut water products recently!

Rating: 8 out of 10. 

More info: http://www.nakedjuice.com/our-products/water/coconut-water

*Product sent for an honest review. 

Comments

  1. Coconut water is good for the the body, especially when you've become dehydrated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review