Francois Pralus Le 100% Cacao Criollo Review


Continuing on with my journey into the sugar free side of life, I've decided to invest in some good quality 100% cacao chocolate bars to keep me sane when cravings hit. As much as I love Hotel Chocolat's 100% cacao bars, they're a bit pricey for the amount you get so I decided to go one better and get the good stuff from websites like chocolatiers.co.uk (I highly recommend them for quality chocolate!) and cocoarunners.co.uk.

I found this bar of Francois Pralus 100% cacao on cocoarunners.co.uk, and for a very reasonable £4.50 (when you consider that Hotel Chocolat charge around £7 for similar bars that contain less grams) I decided to order one. I've tried similar bars from The Grenada Chocolate Company before but fancied something perhaps a little milder and less acidic. The reviews for this suggested it might be what I was looking for.


Well, I can say that it's certainly milder than some 100% cacao bars but it still packs a strong, acidic cocoa punch. It's very flavoursome indeed, more like a fine wine than something to munch on mindlessly. It certainly gave me a much needed chocolate kick to help me cope with my new sugar free diet! A few small squares were enough, there's no way I could eat more than that without it feeling like overkill. This is something I'll savour with a cup of quality coffee in future. In fact it gives a hefty caffeine kick all by itself so it's not a bar to eat late at night! 

Overall, this is great quality bar from Pralus and if you're tempted by "the dark side" of chocolate it's definitely worth a try! Now I'd like to hear from my followers...have you tried any 100% cacao bars you've enjoyed? I wecome any recommendations!

RATING: 8 out of 10. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review