Galaxy Caramel Collection Salted Caramel Review

galaxy caramel collection salted caramel

I've gone a bit mad reviewing new products this week I must admit - there's been so many brought out recently that it's hard to keep track! One that I've been on the lookout for ever since it was announced is this new Salted Caramel Galaxy variety, which I found in WH Smith recently for £1. Bargain!

galaxy caramel collection salted caramel

The bar is described as simply "Milk chocolate with a salted caramel filling". Obviously Mars are trying to capitalize on the salted caramel trend that is so last year....but nevertheless, we can never have enough salted caramel products in my opinion!


Unfortunately I can't say I was as impressed with this chocolate as I expected to be. Don't get me wrong the caramel is very tasty, but I couldn't really detect the salt in there...it just tasted like regular Galaxy Caramel with perhaps a slightly salty edge. Not really enough to justify the name. The actual chocolate was of course very creamy and sweet, as Galaxy is well-known for.

Overall, this is definitely a tasty bar of chocolate, but it doesn't really give much of a true salted caramel taste. It's not something I would buy when looking for a salted caramel fix - there's better options out there.

RATING: 7.5 out of 10. 

Price: £1 at WH Smith.
Suitable for vegetarians?: Not stated.
Allergy Information: Contains milk, soya. May contain nuts & wheat.
Nutrition (per 100g): 497 Calories, 25.7g Fat, 60.3g Carbs, 55.7g Sugars.

Are you a fan of salted caramel chocolate? Have you tried this bar? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Comments

  1. I was really excited prior to trying this (I'm obsessed with 'lindt hello range salted caramel') but I found the same as you - it was no different to regular galaxy caramel (and actually more expensive from Ocado) - I kept it in my mouth for ages to get a hint of salt but nothing! Quite disappointed, maybe they should try a caramel crunch once or, better still, bring back liaison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone in thinking this. I just don't see the point of this compared to the regular caramel variety!

      Delete
  2. I'd be interested in your opinion of the new Green & Black's Thin Salted Caramel bars (on offer at the moment in Waitrose.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This chocolate looks sooo good. :) Unfortunately, I haven't eaten Galaxy bar :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually just put the same comment into feedback to Mars after being a little disappointed in buying what seems to be a normal galaxy caramel in a fancy new wrapper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually just put the same comment into feedback to Mars after being a little disappointed in buying what seems to be a normal galaxy caramel in a fancy new wrapper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's essentially what this bar is! I'm not sure it will last very long, or at least I don't see why people would buy this as well as the regular caramel flavour.

      Delete
  6. Got all excited when I spotted this in Tesco but I thought it tasted identical to a normal Galaxy Caramel. Very tasty but just not what I was expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must disagree with you and found it pretty salty after a few pieces of it. I personally think it is well balanced and different enough to justify its own wrapper :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I had a sweet tooth, but I found this new Galaxy far too sickly sweet. Had two small pieces then threw the rest of the bar away. Worst chocolate bar that I have ever tasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a waste why didnt you give it to someone except from throwing it away people out there would die to eat a chocolate and you have the audacity to throw it away...im horrified to be honest...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review