Wawel Peanut Butter Bar & Fin Carré Gianduja Milk Chocolate Review

Many thanks to Bring Back Banjo Chocolate Bar for once again sending some lovely chocolates my way! I've been sitting on these for a while and unfortunately they melted somewhat. Not because of me sitting on them... but because of the heat-wave we had recently! So my apologies that I can't do these justice...they were definitely intact when I received them.

First up is this Peanut Butter bar from Wawel...that Polish company I'm not best friends with, since I've had a few duff chocolates from them in the past! Maybe they could woo me back with their peanut butter chocolate...?


Opening the wrapper I wasn't too excited...not only because of the melted chocolate, but because it had that distinctly "cheap" aroma that Wawel chocolate is known for. Still, I was hoping the peanut butter filling might save it.


Looking at the ingredients list didn't offer me much hope...the bar contains vegetable fat, sunflower oil and other nasties.


Biting into a piece, I was first met with the waxy chocolate...if it can be called chocolate. It tasted rather greasy and flavourless, I couldn't detect much cocoa at all. Luckily the peanut butter filling was much better - it had a nice salty, savoury flavour and was very moreish and creamy thanks to the vegetable fat. I didn't feel it was all that healthy though so didn't eat too much at once.

Overall, despite the poor quality chocolate this was still a tasty bar, but it doesn't compare to Reese's at all!

RATING: 7 out of 10.

Fin Carré Gianduja Milk Chocolate (Lidl):


I was surprised to find this bar was actually much tastier and better quality than the Wawel bar; the chocolate had a decent cocoa flavour and was very creamy, with the gianduja hazelnut giving it a deliciously moreish Nutella flavour!


Despite the fact it was all melted, I still scoffed it down pretty quickly! For cheap chocolate from Lidl it was pretty great quality, and far nicer than most cheap hazelnut milk chocolates I've tried.

RATING: 7.5 out of 10.

Thankyou as always to the lovely Bring Back Banjo Bar for sending me these chocolates - she always finds cool chocolates in Polish shops that I have never come across before! Please do take a moment to sign her petition to bring back the much-missed Banjo Wafer bar :)

Bring Back Banjo Petition
Bring Back Banjo Facebook

Comments

  1. Oh dear Kev, those chocs look like they've seen better days! It's so hard to keep chocolate in this stiffling weather. I've had quite a few melting incidents this summer too!

    BBBCB always manages to find such great chocolates doesn't she? That Lidl Gianduja bar sounds very good, I'll look out for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes everything keeps getting melted...that'll teach me to keep choc in the fridge! I recommend the other Fin Carre chocs too, they do an interesting range, there's a dark choc one with cranberries & one with almond brittle.

      Delete
  2. Bubbles love Banjo ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to see another fan of the much missed Banjo chocolate bar ;) Check out Bring Back Banjo Chocolate Bar Campaign vid here ==> http://t.co/E479bxejfn

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review