Terry's Chocolate Orange Pots of Joy Review

terry's chocolate orange pots of joy

Mondelez are cranking out new products at alarming speed right now, and the latest to join their ever-swelling range are these Terry's Chocolate Orange Pots of Joy. "Pots of Joy" are usually associated with Cadbury's, but since Mondelez also own Terry's it seems they've deemed it OK to add these to the range too.

They're described as "Smooth and creamy desserts made with melted milk chocolate with a rich orange flavour under-layer" and are currently on offer for £1 at Asda.

terry's chocolate orange pots of joy

Like all Pots of Joy they're rather dinky little pots, so it's likely most people will eat two at once. Unless you're a hamster I suppose...

terry's chocolate orange pots of joy

The chocolate upper layer tasted creamy and very smooth, although I would've liked more chocolate flavour. The orange layer however was a letdown...it just didn't taste right. It was too citrusy and sickly, and as a layer by itself just doesn't work. I don't really get why it's seperated from the chocolate layer as it kind of defeats the point of  "chocolate orange"... ie. chocolate AND orange blended together! It was almost like eating orange yogurt with a layer of chocolate on top. It just doesn't work.

Overall, I found these Terry's Chocolate Orange Pots of Joy disappointing. I was expecting to love them but they're rather sickly and don't work that well in practice.

Have you tried Chocolate Orange Pots of Joy? If so let me know your thoughts in the comments!

RATING: 5 out of 10. 

Price: £1 per 4-pack at Asda (introductory offer).
Suitable for vegetarians?: No.
Allergy Information: Contains milk & maize starch. May contain nuts.
Nutrition (per pot): 150 Calories, 7.4g Fat, 18.2g Carbs, 17.6g Sugar.

Comments

  1. I've been hoping for a chocolate orange version for a while and just spotting them on asda's website I came here wondering if you had vewied them already. sorry to hear they were disappointing, i shall try them myself later and see .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely keen to know what others think :) Sometimes I wonder if I'm too harsh lol...but I really didn't enjoy these at all.

      Delete
    2. i tried one of these yesterday and i was disappointed with it. it could have been great, should have been but it just didn't live up to what i was expecting. where was the flavour? it was so dull for want of a better word. good job i bought the white milky buttons version, now they make my taste buds sing.

      Delete
    3. Yes the white ones are lovely aren't they! I see Cadbury are going to do some new "Layers of Joy" flavours soon - black forest and millionaires shortbread.

      Delete
    4. yes I saw online that they were being released, when i was nosing around to see what they were releasing for christmas.

      Delete
    5. Just had a Google of these and the Caramellionaire looks delicious - I'm liking that it features a white chocolate mousse!

      Delete
  2. Well my excitement on seeing this title quickly turned to disappointment on reading your review! What a shame...although I still want to try them. It would be rude not to, right?

    Nice to know I'm a hamster as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely rude not to! You must have a lot of self discipline to eat just one of these ;)

      Delete
    2. Haha well, to be fair, I only eat one pot but I combine it with at least one other snack (e.g. a chocolate bar!).

      Delete
  3. This sums up my thought on the sweet market at the moment. "Pots of joy" stupid, name. Another kraft product. They already ruined cadburys. Their products are terrible quality, overpriced and full of ingredients like vegetable oil/fat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm getting sick of all this vegetable oil they put in stuff too, although to be fair all the big companies do it now including Nestle and Mars.

      Delete
  4. I had one pot of joy as well as a slice of cake. I liked that i could eat each layer separately but mix it as well. I could change how orangey each spoonful was yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its name is completely wrong pots of joy no i dont think so i always have to eat two at a time and then still want more they should definitely make bigger pots and sell them at the same price £2.49 for four no! no! no! make BIGGER pots same price you would also have less to recycle that would make terrys chocolate orange pot of joy more joyous

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review