Pop Works & Company Apple Pie Popcorn Review

pop works and company apple pie popcorn

There's a new popcorn company on the block and they want Butterkist's popcorn crown...they are Pop Works, a brand from the guys who brought you Pepsi. They have created a new range of unusually flavoured popcorn to shake up the popcorn market...one that promises "over the top" varieties.

I'm not sure I think Apple Pie is that out of the ordinary as a popcorn flavour, after all Butterkist once did a Toffee Apple Popcorn. Regardless, when I spotted these in Tesco I decided I had to give them a try. I also bought the Peanut Butter & Caramel variety...but that's a review for another day. As well as these two there's also a Sticky Toffee Pudding flavour and Sweet and Salty.

These cost £1.50 a bag and are suitable for vegetarians. They appear to be vegan and gluten-free but are made in an environment that handles milk and barley.

Opening the bag, they did have an unusual cooked apple aroma...I poured a generous amount into my new steel snacks bowl:

pop works and company apple pie popcorn

They have a definite spicy, apple-pie-kind-of flavour, which tastes rather unusual combined with popcorn. Initially the flavour was weak but as I got closer to the bottom of the bowl it became more noticeable...and I'm not sure what to think of it to be honest. It's quite mild and not all that strong, pleasantly sweet but ultimately, an odd flavour for popcorn.

pop works and company apple pie popcorn

Overall, these are an ok flavour but not one I would buy again to be honest - it's just not what I'm looking for when I buy popcorn. I much preferred the Peanut Butter & Caramel variety...stay tuned for my review of that one!

7.5 out of 10.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review