Vibe Feel Good Popcorn: Coconut & Cacao/Strawberry

Vibe Feel Good Popcorn Strawberry

A big thankyou to the makers of Vibe Popcorn for sending me some samples of their new range to review recently. Vibe popcorn is described as "feel good" popcorn and is a bit different from your average flavoured popcorns, with extra ingredients as well as a sweet hint of honey. They're available from Asda now, and will be stocked in other supermarkets from July. Below are my thoughts on each variety.

Vibe Strawberry with a hint of Honey:
Vibe Feel Good Popcorn Strawberry

Described as "popcorn coated with freeze-dried strawberries and honey", this is suitable for vegetarians and gluten free as well as non GM.

Vibe Feel Good Popcorn Strawberry

The popcorn is generously coated with the freeze dried strawberries, which taste absolutely delicious! I couldn't get over how nice and different this popcorn tasted, there's no artificial flavourings but rather a realistic strawberry flavour that reminded me almost of strawberry jam. The honey gives an extra sweet edge that compliments it perfectly, making this quite a treat indeed. I seriously couldn't stop eating! I would highly recommend this one, definitely a must-buy. 9 out of 10.

Vibe Coconut & Cacao with a hint of honey:
Vibe Feel Good Popcorn Coconut & Cacao

Described as "popcorn coated with toasted coconut, cacao nibs and honey", this is actually the one I was looking forward to the most.

Vibe Feel Good Popcorn Coconut & Cacao

There were plenty of cacao nibs stuck to the popcorn pieces, giving a nice speckled effect.

Vibe Feel Good Popcorn Coconut & Cacao

To be honest, I couldn't taste the cacao nibs much, I mean they were there and gave hints of cocoa, but I think real choclate might have been tastier. The coconut flavour was pleasant, and it's nice to have real coconut rather than an artificial flavouring in popcorn, but something about this variety felt a bit off to me. I think a fruit flavour paired with coconut would've been better, or a full on chocolate variety with cacao nibs. Not bad, but not something I would buy again personally. 7.5 out of 10.

Overall, this Vibe Popcorn range really surprised me, I absolutely loved the Strawberry variety and wouldn't hesitate to buy it again, whilst I could take or leave the Coconut version. I really hope they bring out more flavours in the future because I think they're onto something with these.

Nutrition Information (per 30g):
Coconut & Cacao: 142 Calories, 4.5g Fat, 23.5g Carbohydrates, 15.8g Sugars, 1.5g Fibre, 1g Protein. 

Strawberry: 125 Calories, 1.8g Fat, 26g Carbohydrates, 17.9g Sugars, 0.9g Fibre, 0.8g Protein. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review