Lidl's Bellarom White Chocolate With Strawberry Crisp Review


Today's review is for a white chocolate bar you may never have heard of thanks to its exclusivity to Lidl. Lidl tends to get a bad rap as being a lower class supermarket, however their range of chocolates is fantastic quality and a lot better than many mainstream UK chocolate bars, as well as being cheaper!

This bar is described as "White Chocolate with Sweetened Strawberry Flavoured Pieces" and contains 28% cocoa solids plus 22% milk solids. It reminded me of Cadbury Dream with Strawberries from years ago - here's a pic from chocolatereview.co.uk. Anyone else remember it?


Opening the box revealed a fairly thick slab with the Bellarom logo imprinted on each square. It looked very classy for a "cheap" chocolate bar!


Splitting it in half revealed lots of speckled dried strawberry pieces embedded within - there was definitely no shortage of strawberry!


Placing a square in my mouth I was met with a delightfully strong cream flavour. The chocolate was extremely full on with its creaminess, and all the better for of it. Compared to other white chocolates like Milkybar it tasted a lot richer, probably because it contains actual cream powder in the ingredients. The strawberry pieces made it even more luxurious and brought a lovely fresh fruitiness - it tasted like strawberries and cream in bar form! I felt very satisfied after just 2 chunks, and although the chocolate was very sweet I didn't get the "throat burn" feeling like I do with other white chocolates.


Overall, I thought this Strawberry Crisp bar was fantastic and it's one I now buy regularly from Lidl. It's an absolute bargain considering the quality, and if you're a white chocolate fan or miss the Cadbury Dream with Strawberries I would strongly recommend heading to Lidl to try a bar! They also do a fantastic fruit and nut milk chocolate, which dare I say is even better than Cadbury's Fruit & Nut (no kidding!).

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.

Price: £1.09p per 200g bar.
Suitable for vegetarians?: Not stated on packaging.
Allergy Information: Contains milk and soya. May contain traces of nuts or gluten.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I will definitely be looking out for this. Sainsbury's do a similar one with raspberry that is very nice but I agree that Lidl some some fab chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried that Sainsbury's one and agree it's very nice...although I'd say this one is even better as the chunks are thicker :)

      Delete
  3. I vaguely remember that Dream strawberry bar. I'll look out for the Lidl one when I next visit the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can I buy this in the Philippines?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review