Vita Coco Light Coconut Milk

Vita Coco Light Coconut Milk

I reviewed Vita Coco Original Coconut Milk last year when they launched it, and am quite a big fan of it now. I buy it whenever it's on special offer and prefer it to most nut or rice based milks, as the taste is fresh and the consistency pretty similar to regular milk. However Vita Coco have brought out a new "Light" version, meaning it is lower in fat. It seems a bit unneccesary to me, but I know people are still concerned about fat even in natural products, so I can see there's a demand for it. I picked up this bottle for £2 on special offer in Waitrose recently.

Vita Coco Light Coconut Milk

There is half the fat in this version compared to the Original, so the consistency is of course thinner and the taste is not as creamy. I found it very refreshing, just like the original version, but I still much prefer the original. And there's not really much to say about it other than that...it's good for those watching their fat intake I suppose, although IMO I don't think there's a need for it.

Overall, this is a good product but it'd be nice to see a flavoured variety, perhaps with vanilla or raw cacao?

8 out of 10.

Suitable for vegans, gluten free and soya free.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pringles Salted Egg Review

Cadbury Dream Ice Creams - back for Summer! (UK)

Asda Tinned Banana Blossom Review